Scholarship/ Grants/ Awards received
1. 2009: Aga Khan University award of Outstanding Teacher for sustained excellence in scholarship of discovery in 2009.
2. 2008: Higher Education Commission (HEC) travel grants to attend American Educational and Research Association (AERA) in NY, USA.
3. 2008: Partial conference grant by 6th Biennial Conference of the International Autobiography and Biography Association (IABA), June 23-26, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
4. 2005: Grant from TESOL Arabia to present a paper at TESOL Arabia conference in Dubai.
5. 1998- 2002: The Aga Khan University, Institute for Educational development, fully-funded grant for professional development in order to pursue doctoral program at Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. (United Nations Development Programme(UNDP) / Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA))
6. 1994: British Council grant for attending Summer School in UK.
7. 1994: Grant by United States Information Agency to visit voluntary organizations in teaching of English in the US on an International Visiting Program.
8. 1988-89: Scholarship provided by the British Government as part of its Technical Co-operation programme for pursuing MA in UK.